Sunday, January 23, 2011

What is the DATE STAMP For????

I have been asked what you all will be using the date stamp for that I suggested you buy for this project. So I figured I would just show you tonight since I just now used it!
I spent the days with ALL of my girls today and when I got home I emptied my camera bag and got all of the goodies I had saved from the day out to put in my collections box. Before I placed them in there I got out my date stamp (I keep it in the box) and stamped all of my goodies with today's date. I don't have my pix printed from our day together yet and my room is still in chaos so I cannot get these items into my book yet. But my photos are loaded onto my computer and all of the goodies are dated and tucked away safely so as soon as I am ready to play in my album all of my stuff will be handy! I wont have to try to remember what day I collected these items and I wont have to search for the pix that go with them (my photos are filed on my computer by date & subject matter). Viola - I will be all set - nothing could be easier!

So here are the items I collected today - I might use ALL of them in my album or maybe only some of them. I have the take out menu from where we ate today (with the items we ordered highlighted), the coasters off of our table, the tags off of the build-a-bear items and a receipt.
You can see here how the date is nice and clear but doesn't distract from the item I am saving. I think this is a super cool idea!

Here are some of the pictures I took today that go with my goodies. Today was a special day - so I made sure I had my camera with me! We started off with lunch - Monkey got to pick where we ate today. After lunch I got a picture of her outside the doors making sure the sign was in the picture too.
And of course my bug and her Mama too - just not with the sign - after all it was Monkey's choice - not theirs.
Next stop was Bugs FIRST trip to Build-a-Bear!!!! This is something I started with Monkey when she was a baby (we collected monkeys every month her 1st year). I want to do the same for my bug and right now they have lady bugs in the store - perfect!

As we were getting ready to leave the mall, my phone rang and it was Lizzy wanting me to meet her and Richard at the mall for shopping and dinner. So I had Bryanna just leave me there to wait for the next round of fun! We did a little shopping and then headed over to The Elephant Bar for dinner. It was way too dark for pix there but I did get one of Liz inside the mall.

So now I am all set (as soon as I have time) to play in my book and document this GREAT day I had with ALL 4 of my Girls!

I hope you all had a great weekend too!

Toodles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment